Odds are, you’re going to lose your hair. Some degree of hair loss happens to most of us eventually. Approximately 20% of men have noticeable hair loss in their 20s. This percentage increases to almost 70% of men experiencing hair loss in their 60s. Women lose hair, too. More than half of post-menopausal women report some hair loss or thinning.
Hair loss is common, but treatable. If you start to notice thinning hair, reach out to a hair restoration superspecialist like the doctors at California Hair MD. The earlier you start treatment for your hair loss, the more treatment options you’ll have available.
Non-Surgical Treatments for Hair Loss
Non-surgical treatments for hair loss can be highly effective if you seek them early in the hair loss process. Dr. Stuart, one of our founders, is a board-certified dermatologist. She is intimately familiar with the medical treatments available for hair loss and works with patients to create non-surgical treatment plans when appropriate.
Minoxidil, laser therapy, and finasteride are some of the most reliable non-surgical treatments for hair loss.
Hair Transplantation: What Are My Options?
Patients with moderate or severe hair loss often need surgical intervention like hair transplantation to restore a more youthful hairline. Dr. Chaffoo is a triple board-certified plastic surgeon and hair transplantation specialist. He commonly uses the following hair transplantation options at California Hair MD.
- Linear strip method: The linear strip method for hair transplantation (also called FUT) can quickly harvest an extensive number of hair grafts. Dr. Chaffoo removes a thin strip of the scalp from the back of the head and divides it into hair grafts. This popular option for hair restoration leaves a long scar at the back of the head that patients can easily hide under their hair.
- FUE: Follicular unit extraction is the gold standard option for hair restoration. This method of hair transplantation extracts or harvests individual hair grafts. Manual FUE is a delicate and time-consuming process, but it creates some of the most natural-looking hair restoration results.
- NeoGraft: NeoGraft is a semi-automated device that aids in FUE hair transplantation. The NeoGraft device helps Dr. Chaffoo quickly, safely, and effectively harvest and transplant hair follicles. NeoGraft is one of the most popular hair transplantation options in the U.S.
- SmartGraft: SmartGraft is an advanced hair restoration system for FUE hair transplantation.
- ARTAS robotic hair transplantation: ARTAS is the only robotic hair transplantation device available worldwide. It uses advanced technology to aid in the hair transplantation process.
With many options available, there are hair loss solutions for most men and women experiencing hair loss.
Discover Your Hair Loss Solution at California Hair MD
Most men and women will lose their hair, but with the advanced hair restoration techniques at California Hair MD, you can have a full and youthful hairline again. When you start to notice thinning, come see us.
Contact California Hair MD to schedule a consultation and learn more about your hair restoration options.